Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Act Two - In the House! - Bed in the Dining Room

[This post dates from April 7, 2008]

Ok, yeah, so the dining room is a strange place to put one's bed.  But it struck me that if I think outside the box, as it were, I actually *could* put my bed together and sleep in (relative) comfort, as opposed to wrecking my back sleeping on the couch at mom & dad's. 

So Saturday we dusted and vacuumed (by "we," of course I mean "me") and Nick helped me move the kitchen slate tiles to the side wall and mom & Nick helped put the bed together.  I'd also hoped to set up a DVD player next to my little TV so I'd have something fun to do (besides clean and repair things) at the house - but the TV is old and small and didn't have the right connections on the back.  [ETA 5/7/08 - Nick worked his technological wizardry and managed to come up with a way to make the DVD work with my tiny old TV, so now I'm able to enjoy all my favorite Netflix movies and TV series prior to falling asleep each evening.  Life is sweet.  :)]

But regardless, I was able to sleep in my own bed Saturday night - tried out my newly remodeled bathroom Sunday morning (shower is nice) - and slept there again last night.

Now if I could just get the nightmares to stop (dreamt of giant lizards crawling over my bed Saturday and worms dripping out of the bathroom ceiling last night), I might actually be able to get a good night's sleep...

No comments:

Post a Comment