Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Act One - continued (The Bathroom)

[This post dates from October 16, 2007]

Dad and I both took off work on Friday so we could make some more progress on the house.  We did accomplish quite a bit, though not as much as either of us wanted to do.  We got tired.  :)

We did install drywall in the master bath and ran electrical wiring for the 2 sconces (since the medicine cabinet fits in the corner, it seemed prudent to put the lighting on each side of the mirror [2 walls] rather than above [somehow wedged into the corner]) as well as 2 new electrical outlets for hair dryers and curling irons and such like (so I don't actually use those things... I *may* at some point...).  :)

OK, we worked for 3 days... surely we accomplished more than that...

Actually, I think we framed in the medicine cabinet for the main bathroom on Friday.  That took awhile. 

Next task is to put drywall tape and mud over all the "patched" places throughout the house and we'll be about ready to tile the main bathroom.

Slow going... I feel sorta dumb even providing such piddling updates... but people keep asking me if I'm moved in yet.  Suffice it to say... I'll let the whole world know when that happens.  In the mean time...

It'll be awhile.  :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment