[Post dates from May 7, 2008]
Not a lot has changed since my last update - my life is boring LOL :).
But since "living" in the house I have managed to finish sanding and painting the doors for both bathrooms, and I've done a ton of going through boxes and sorting "where stuff goes." I have come to realize that I have enough "bathroom junk" to supply a small drugstore. Note to self - DO NOT BUY ANY MORE TOILETRIES FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS! (Or at least until I use up some of the 16 bottles of shampoo, 19 containers of lotion, and basketful of toothpaste, among other things, currently in my vast stores...)
I need to take back all the doorknobs I bought for the interior doors, since they are brass-colored, and all the other metal finishes in the house are "satin nickel." I bought the knobs before I realized everything else I was getting was silver... It's remarkable the minutiae of details that are involved in completely remodeling a house.
After the return/replacement of the knobs, I plan to tackle the rest of the floor in my bedroom so I can move my bed to its proper home. Then, maybe, we'll work on tiling the floor in the kitchen. I was going to put that off 'til later, but my brother thinks we should do that to make the house begin to look more "finished," and also to get the washer and dryer out of the garage and functional again. It *would* be nice to wash clothes at my own place instead of carting them back and forth to mom & dad's. :)
I still need, like, a month off work so I can concentrate on this stuff...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment