[This post dates from August 15, 2007]
As I mentioned previously, we have to replace the floor in the bathroom before we can finish installing my new tub - so yesterday my dad and I went in there with a pickax and a sledgehammer and went to town on it. Fun :) (Aside from the concrete dust that, mingled with the mold, made us choke)
Dad had removed the toilet and sink/vanity before we started tearing up the floor, and had to cover the hole in the ground where the toilet sits so that we would not get chunks of concrete and tile down there... but just before he put a bucket over the hole, I noticed a 3 1/2" floppy shoved under the wax gasket for the toilet... what...? "Oh, it looks like they were using that to level the toilet." Yeah... ok...
Then we broke up & removed the concrete and tile floor, which had a layer of this metal mesh stuff sort of "keeping everything together" - I managed to slice open the upper part of my left arm on the mesh... ouch... I hope my tetanus shots are "up to date enough"...
We finished removing the floor and moved on to the wall tile - may as well take it all out, right? - and when we removed the wall adjoining the main bath with the master bath, we noticed about 100 razor blades littering the floor (inside the wall). At first we were at a loss to explain this, but then dad noticed a slit in the back of the medicine cabinet (in the master bath) and surmised that this was a crude "razor blade disposal" method - just shove the used blades through the slot so they fall in the wall - they won't hurt anyone there...
I couldn't make this stuff up...
Anyway, we got all that cleaned up and went back to mom & dad's around 9:30... "Nurse Nancy" (mom) fixed up my arm with some neosporin.
All in a day's work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment