Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Act One - continued - Holiday Break

[Post dates from January 7, 2008]

OK, as I (think I) mentioned... I took the last week of the year off to work on my house.  I helped dad do the following:

- Finished installing drywall and concrete board in main bathroom
- primed ceilings and walls in master bath, master closet, and main bath
- painted ceilings in above, plus master BR
- primed walls and ceiling in my brother's room
- primed and painted ceiling in kitchen
- sanded and mudded a lot of drywall
- moved all my boxes out of my brother's room and into living room so we could get *at* walls/ceiling in that room (see above)

ummm...

- started putting up tile in main bath

Plus I baked a cranberry/raspberry swirl cheesecake, cooked a turkey, and made caramelized onion/white cheddar fondue; bleu cheese/caramelized onion dip; and hot spinach artichoke dip for New Year's.

I also shopped and cleaned and played a bunch of board games and directed the choir for Christmas Eve and a bunch of other things.

Oh, and I finished a book & a half.

It was a fun holiday.

There's still a ton more to do, of course, but at least some progress has been made.  We got the first coat of paint/color on Nick's walls last week, and I just bought some more ceiling paint so we can finish his ceiling and the ceilings in the hallway, kitchen, living room, dining room, and another coat in the office (eventually - too much stuff in there, now).  Now I'm back to work, though, which means more evenings and weekends and slower progress... but I'm still HOPEFUL that I can get moved in by... March, maybe.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment