[This post dates from October 9, 2007]
So, instead of being backordered until the last week of September, the tile lady called and let me know that my floor tiles are backordered until *mid-December*... which is just not acceptable (even considering how slowly we're moving). However, she said the place from which the tiles are ordered has my tiles in the white with the "black" centers, which we are removing anyway, 'cause I have sparkly blue centers to insert in the pattern, so they're going to send those instead. I expect them any time, but I probably ought to call if I don't hear anything in the next couple of days. [Contemporary note - 9/14/09 - It turns out the extra black centers were a blessing in disguise! We've made good use of those extra pieces in my backsplash... more on that later. :)]
So after this, I need a couple "replacement pieces" for the master bath ('cause the wall fiasco meant that they had to cut down some whole tiles to make room for the leaning wall, and now that the wall doesn't lean, it needs whole tiles again) for repairs, and then the only "major" order I need to place is for the backsplash tiles in the kitchen. And since I've known exactly what I want to order for those for months, that should be no big deal (save that I need to find the money for the order somewhere).
Mostly it's all just down to "finding time to actually finish some projects." We have most all the "stuff" we need to get things done, now. I do need to get a couple lights for the master bath, and a new hand towel holder for the main bath, but aside from that, we're pretty much good to go.
It's all just a matter of time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment