Friday, September 11, 2009

Act One - continued (The Floors)

[This post dates from July 17, 2007]

OK - we finished installing the laminate flooring in the Office/Craft Room/Library/Candle Storage Room and in the hallway this weekend.


(Here's what it looked like before - eww.)



With the floor in and the floor molding in place, we were actually able to move in the furniture that belongs in that room. You can't imagine how excited that makes me. :) I even unpacked a couple boxes of candles (which I arranged behind doors in the bookshelves). Empty boxes! What a concept, 3 months after "moving in"!

We weren't going to replace the flooring in the hallway, but we realized that the carpet that was there, while nice, didn't match ANYTHING else in the house - plus it had a rather large pet stain in the middle of the walkway...so rather than mess with trying to clean it, it just seemed easier to replace it with the laminate. It looks really nice.

(Dad was a bit tired after all the floor work, though!)

After moving most of the office stuff into the one "finished" room, I started moving things out of my bedroom again, so that we can tackle sanding and refinishing that floor. I bought a "special walnut" stain that I think will look nice. Will write again when that room is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment