[This post dates from April 2, 2008]
OK, well, the house isn’t done yet. Shouldn’t be any huge surprise - but I really am getting tired of sleeping on the couch at mom & dad’s. So, I’ve decided that I’m going to actually move into my house on Saturday.
Do I have a place to sleep there? No, not really... but I can throw the mattress on the floor or something. We *did* get the front door on the kitchen last week, and installed the sinks in both bathrooms, so the "important stuff" is good to go.
I plan to move my junk out of mom & dad’s this weekend and start sleeping at my own house as of Saturday night. It’s a huge deal, since I have now owned the house for more than a year (signed the papers 3/30/07). I was hoping to at least sleep there ONCE before a year was up, but I had a cold last week, so it didn’t seem practical.
There are so many little annoying things that "need to be done before we can move on" that will be so much easier to accomplish if I’m actually *there* each evening. So I’m looking forward to that. I look forward to actually *completing* each of the rooms that is "nearly done" (once we finish "the big stuff" we move on to the next "big thing" instead of finishing the "little stuff" that will actually FINISH the rooms, such as cleaning the tiles, touching up paint, putting up molding, etc.) so that I can start PUTTING THINGS AWAY. It’s driving me insane. I absolutely hate having things "partially done".
Anyway - that’s the "plan" - Moving Saturday. Really this time...
(I notice it’s been so long since I last wrote that I haven’t mentioned that the bathroom tilework is now complete - it looks gorgeous - I’ll post pictures soon. We put the vanity and sink in last weekend, so it’s *really* almost done now.)
[Contemporary note - 9/14/09 - I've decided to call all the "before moving in" updates "Act One". The drama continues... ]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment