Thursday, September 3, 2009

Culinary brainstorm?

I was flipping channels last night, trying to watch both "Top Chef: Las Vegas" and "Dinner Impossible," and I caught sight of a dish created by Chef Irvine that held great promise for the existing contents of my pantry/fridge... It looked to be a grilled chicken dish, topped with a slice of tomato and melted mozzarella cheese.

I have frozen chicken breasts! I have canned tomatoes (and may be able to secure fresh tomatoes from a kindly neighbor)! I have spices! I have fresh mozzarella!

I also have a brother who's not too keen on "chicken dishes"... but I think I'm gonna make something up, anyway. Will let you know how it comes out.

(I'll make it soon, if not this very evening - I am feeling a wee bit under the weather today, and fear I may have a cold...)

No comments:

Post a Comment