Monday, October 12, 2009

Act Three - Interior Projects

[Post dates from January 23, 2009]

Since my last post in (ahem) September... we've finished the kitchen floor (yippee!) and the laundry area.

The walls are a nice "Pale Butter" color and we can wash and dry clothes in the comfort of home. The appliances are *ever* so much more useful in the house than they were in the garage.


I also expended WAY too much energy re-finishing some of the previous homeowners' kitchen cabinets (replaced early on in the process with my nice, new, much-more-efficient layout of new cabinets) to use as storage in the laundry area. They're actually not COMPLETELY finished, yet, but they're almost done. They're up on the walls and functional, anyway.

Nick moved in just before Christmas, when we got our cable and broadband connections installed. It's been nice to have him around, as he actually does fix things on occasion. He put up a small "rack" of coat hooks in the laundry area just last night, so that we (and any guests we might have) might be able to hang our coats upon entering the house, instead of carrying them to the back bedrooms.

I have (again, "mostly") finished one of the curtains in my bedroom, replacing the ever-so-lovely dish towels that I had previously affixed to the panes with blue painters' tape (oh, it was attractive, let me tell you); but my seafoam green bathrobe remains affixed (again with blue painters' tape) over the other window at present. I really need to finish the second curtain... I probably should post a picture of that, though it's rather embarrassing. :)

umm...

The kitchen is the next project to be completed, I think - we're in the process of assembling the pantry my dad and I designed, and then it's on to the countertops, sink, and backsplash. I think we may utilize some of the leftover floor slates for the backsplash.

As always, it's slow going - I've been working overtime and I continue to pursue my extracurricular evening activities (minds out of the gutter, people - I have choir practice 2 nights a week, in addition to yoga and belly dancing), so I'm very often too tired to really think about "wielding the hammer and screwdriver", or simply trying to get unpacked... but progress is being made.

I'm actually planning to have some people over in a couple of weeks (provided I can clear a space big enough to set up some folding chairs), so that should be fun.

And with that, I should really get back to work... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment