[Post dates from June 19, 2008]
Well all right, then. Some progress is being made once again. Dad was busy for a couple of months working on bridge models for the city, so it was tough getting good work done (there's only so much I actually know how to do myself)... but we're back to work, completing the final details in the main bathroom (just need to finish sanding the putty where the nail holes were, then I can seal the trim and we can finish caulking the seams). The past 2 weekends we've been completing the new linen closet in the bathroom. This is the closet that the previous homeowners had made nearly useless by cutting it in half and putting doors to the space in the bathroom and the hallway. We took out the hall door and drywalled that over long ago, and I had painted the inside, but we still needed to install the floor and new (full) shelves. We put in the floor last weekend and finished cutting the shelves this past weekend. This week I've sanded the shelves and have been painting them (primer to all, one side - then primer the other side - today I'll paint one side, and tomorrow I'll finish painting them. I think one coat will do this time), so the closet will (cross fingers) be completely finished this weekend! Still need to finish the inside trim before I put the painted shelves in, but that won't take long. Then I can fill it up! I plan to put all the excess bedding/blankets/sleeping bags/towels/toilet paper/paper towels/Kleenex in there. All the big stuff that is taking up space in my office at the moment. This is very exciting - you can't even imagine. :)
Nick's friend Ron came over last weekend, too, and helped sand the floor in my bedroom. It's coming along nicely - still needs another complete pass, I think, to even everything out... but soon (I hope!) I'll be able to apply the stain. Nick decided just to buy laminate for his floors... I don't really blame him. All this sanding takes FOREVER.
So... it actually is looking like I'll be able to move into my bedroom by the end of the summer. Fingers crossed...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment