I admit I've been a bit lax about keeping up with my blog of late. Mostly because I've been a bit lax about actually doing any work on the house. Which is not to say I've been lazy, or simply "not doing anything" - but more just that I've mostly been doing normal, everyday "house maintenance" sorts of things - dishes, sweeping floors, scrubbing toilets, etc. etc. Nothing terribly exciting.
But it's about that time again - extended (holiday) weekend! If all goes well, I ought to be home by 4 or so Friday, and then won't have to go back to work again 'til next Tuesday. Blessed be! :)
Unfortunately, Nick has to work pretty much all weekend (Saturday and Monday, specifically), so I'm not planning any major house renovation tasks - but I *am* looking forward to having some time to myself to tackle a few projects.
On the agenda:
Office: Hang shelves & unearth books from their boxes
Kitchen: Hang shelves and put away cookbooks
Dining Room: Mud cracks in walls, sand, and paint
If I get all of the above accomplished, I'll be an incredibly happy camper. I am also, however, planning another "extended weekend" in just a few weeks (my birthday falls on a Thursday this year, so I'm taking both Thursday and Friday of that week off), so I plan to finish whatever I didn't do this weekend at that time. It would be totally awesome if all of the above is completely done by the end of my birthday weekend. If the case, I should a) have all the boxes from moving out of my apartment unpacked! and b) have all the rooms in the house more or less finished!
There still remains tilework to do in the kitchen - haven't finished cutting or laying the tiles for the backsplash - and there is still trimwork that needs to go around the floors in the kitchen (and doors to make/hang in the laundry area and pantry) - but that's all gravy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


A blog entry! OMG! The end of the world must be nigh!
ReplyDelete