Wednesday, March 14, 2012

More stuff done and to do...

Since I haven't updated this in awhile, I will just take a brief moment to say that the Sears issues have all finally been resolved (some time in November, I believe). Yay...

The pass-through between the kitchen and dining rooms now has completed shelving (w/9 boxes in a "tic tac toe" style grid), which I have actually finished varnishing, and which now houses a lovely collection of glass and porcelain swans, and dad finished framing the window next to the fireplace (which I also finished varnishing). That means that I can get new fishies! I set up the aquarium and got everything all functioning properly 2 weeks ago, but I have yet to make it to the pet store for actual *fish*. I should (fingers crossed) have time to get there after choir rehearsal on Saturday.

I still need to finish grouting the backsplash on the sink side - that's the main project I want to tackle next. It's slow going, 'cause my arm gets tired.

I'd also like to finish installing the trim pieces around the edges of the flooring, and put in the base molding in the kitchen soon. That should make the kitchen feel much more "finished."

Next major projects - yardwork!! and sanding/painting/replacing hardware on the remaining doors. Baby steps...

No comments:

Post a Comment