Friday, October 28, 2011

Random Thoughts

Hola all - Haven't written in forever, yet much remains the same at the house. Been a frustrating work year for house projects. Briefly - in July we hired Sears to replace the roofs on the garage and the house (paid for, mostly, by insurance due to storm damage), as well as replace the gutters and the soffits on the house. 4 months later, the work is still not completed. There have been considerable communications issues (namely, I call, they do not return my calls), and the gutters are still not finished (and there's a hole in the siding from the roofers).

In happier news, I got the backsplash around the kitchen sink area cut & mortared - still need to finish grouting, but it's a process. My arms can only take so much, and I need a few hours of free time, also. I should try to do a little tomorrow morning, while Nick's at work...

Currently, part of the fence is missing in the backyard 'cause we're trying to take down the tree near the house. We cut a bunch of branches out of it last weekend (those overhanging the house), so that's good... but it's a lot of work.

That is all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment