Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day!

I guess I really should have taken some pictures to go along with this... well, I can use some from the last time I stayed home due to snow...

Both Nick and I played hooky yesterday, as it snowed fairly steadily from about 11pm Monday evening to about 2pm Tuesday afternoon.  We got about 7inches, total.  All in all, nothing to really be afraid of (nothing like the "Snowpocalypse 2010" they're currently suffering in the DC area - Erik told me Monday they had 26", and I heard another storm went through in the last few days and dumped another foot or more on them...), but still plenty to make shoveling the driveway a bit of a chore.  Nick was kind enough to take care of most of it this time, so I only had to exert myself for the bottom portion near the road.

It was such a lovely day - I spent most of it in my footie jammies, reading the final installment of Jim Butcher's "Codex Alera" - I finished the remainder of the book (several hundred pages) by about 3pm, when I finally emerged from my "cave," as Nick refers to my bedroom...

Back at work now, though.  :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment