The living room walls *are* a lovely shade of Pepto-Bismal Pink now, though, and last night I even got "Royal Garnet" paint smudged up on the "window wall." I would have attempted the remaining 2 pink walls, as well, but experienced roller malfunction. The "big plan" is to get at least one more wall coated in red before choir tonight, and both if possible. Then we can do the 2nd coat tomorrow, and the 3rd Friday - and Saturday we can do electrical work and install the base moldings and finish the room! We pick up the new sectional sofa next Wednesday, so it should definitely be "functional" by Christmas. Also, if all goes well, we might actually have the tree up next week. At least it does seem likely that the room will be "company ready" for when the Kabos arrive after Christmas.I've had curtain panels ready to go up in the living room for nearly 2 years now. We picked up the curtain hardware last weekend, so as soon as the walls are ready we ought to be able to set that up, too. I want to spray paint the brackets and curtain rod, but believe the weather may be a bit prohibitive. No matter, though; we can put the curtains up with the hardware unpainted for now, and when the weather warms up this spring it'll be a simple matter to take everything down, spray paint it, and then put it back up again.


No comments:
Post a Comment