Haven't posted in quite some time... will provide a brief update.
First, the dining room's nearly done - repaired major cracks in the walls and got everything painted blue - then got dad's help to put base molding in so's I can set up the fish tank... but neglected to recall that I want the tank under the window by the fireplace, and it still has no moldings or framing, and dad will complain loudly if there's a full tank w/fishies in front of it when he tries to install those... so, sadly, still no happy swimming fishies. Not yet, anyway. Maybe we'll have some time in December to finish those little projects.
Second, I got shelves up in the kitchen, above where my rolling island will one day be. In the process of gluing on the wood veneer trim and varnishing them, but at least they're "up" and cookbooks grace them. Had some issues with the drywall anchors on the bottom shelf, and had to do some repairs when the whole shelf came crashing off the wall... but that's mostly done.
Third, Nick & I hosted Thanksgiving dinner again at the house. I was well-prepared with the time-schedule/shopping/food prep this year, and we enjoyed a very relaxing day w/a fabulous turkey, gravy, caramelized brussels sprouts w/bacon & cranberries, sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes, crescent rolls, and cranberry fudge pie for dessert. Mom made the mashed potatoes & crescent rolls. Everything was ready to eat by noon... it was crazy. Soooo yummy.
And the day after Thanksgiving, I was actually prepared and willing to haul out the decorations and get the house gussied up for Christmas. Nick helped me put up the big tree in the living room, and I got the little one set up in the dining room. All decorated - other miscellaneous tchotchkes out and about - and everything PUT AWAY again in one day! I was so impressed with myself. I do actually have pictures... but they're on my netbook (ie, not here). I'll try to add them later, thought I can't promise it'll be soon.
That should do for now. December starts tomorrow!!! Eeek!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment