Monday, November 9, 2009

Act Three - Interior Projects - My Room

It wound up being quite a nice weekend (save for the fact that I totally forgot to go to my Bellydancing lesson last night - didn't even cross my mind until I woke up this morning). Gorgeous weather. Nick and I probably got a little too ambitious and overdid it a bit Saturday, but we're both ok now. :)

Saturday we spent several hours out of doors cleaning the place up a bit. Nick set to with the lawn mower, and I worked on cleaning up the leaves in the driveway (they blow around and collect right at the side door, as well as around the cars). We had assembled a couple of bags when our next door neighbor sauntered over and declared that we were welcome to dump the leaves in his chicken coop (yes, we have a colony of poultry next door - I may or may not have mentioned the roosters crowing in an early post). This was wonderful news, as we're not technically allowed to throw yard waste out with the trash.

So after several trips to and from the neighbors' chicken coop (sadly, our neighbor informed us that he'd lost 12 in the past week to a wily weasel, nearly decimating his flock - there seemed to be only roughly that many remaining), the front yard and driveway were, if not leaf-free, at least dramatically more "picked up" looking.

Nick also finished painting the stair wall the same yellow as the rest of the kitchen. It looks really nice.

Sunday we stopped @ Lowe's after church and picked up some floating shelves - Nick put one up in the stairwell, and I put 2 up on the wall in my bedroom. I'd originally thought to hang 3, but a) the other shelf I bought had, apparently, been previously returned and was obviously damaged - I got my money back; b) there were no other shelves of that size at the store; and c) I decided 2 would be less cluttered-looking anyway (and safer - less chance of banging my head on the corner of the lowest shelf).

See my handiwork here:


I also worked out Saturday morning and this morning (with the WiiFit and the EA Active Fitness Trainer program). I'd gotten out of the habit a couple weeks ago, and am attempting to get back into the swing of things again. Getting an early start on New Year's Resolutions and all that. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment